Botanicals have always been exuberant in their display of life and their gift to the living. They have been used for nourishment, healing, ritual, and so many other purposes. As for the parts of the plant – unlike today, our forebears used everything – roots, barks, petals, leaves, berries and fruits. The reasons have been as varied as the maladies, whether soothing sore throats, extricating poisons, or healing broken hearts.
Here are just a few of the many botanicals used through out history, and are included in this get-well box!
- Jasmine – fragrant and esteemed, was thought to improve health and strengthen the immune system.
- The Biblical rose flower and hibiscus were thought to bring sweet dreams
- Chamomile created calm and had a rich variety of healing properties
- Dandelion, grown by settlers and gathered by the Apache, cleansed the blood. America’s great culinary secret – dandelion was used by Civil War soldiers.
- Marigolds were revered by the Aztecs who considered them the apex of magic and healing.
Selections may change due to available. Any substitutions will be of the same high quality and were thought to bring similar results.